Get Small Business Newsletters:
One of the hardest parts of the holidays is being torn between traveling, spending time with friends and family, shopping for gifts and meeting obligations at the office. Yes, there is still work to
be done! The solution? Today's video conferencing makes it easier than ever to meet with clients and coworkers without actually being physically present, which can be a major stress reliever during
the busiest time of year.
Here are five ways to untether from the desk with video conferencing this holiday season:
1) Meet on the go: Not finished yet with your video meeting, but you have to buy that gift before the store closes? With the latest in cloud technology, you can take your video conference on the go
-- from any mobile device. Companies such as Zoom leverage the power of the cloud to unify HD video conferencing and mobility, while also providing fast, easy and hassle-free interoperability between
different systems. Now get going!
2) Stay connected: Even when you're out taking care of holiday obligations, it's easier than ever to stay connected with your office-based team. Inexpensive, high-quality video conferencing solutions
can be set up in huddle rooms, conference rooms and anywhere else that's convenient.
3) Keep it easy: The latest video-conferencing technology is ready to go - right out of the box, making it easy for the whole team to connect. Say goodbye to that IT army you needed before to get the
meeting up and running (not to mention all the troubleshooting necessary during the meeting).
4) Share content: With H.239 content sharing, while you're out perusing the mall, you can review your PowerPoint deck with the team. H.239 allows you to stream two different types of media at the
same time -- you can speak on one screen and conduct your presentation on the other.
5) Maintain your presence: They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so just imagine the power of video to maintain your presence while out of the office. Audio only goes so far to connect, but
with video you make it personal -- as if you were sitting with the team at the conference table.
The holidays are the ultimate practice in time management and multi-tasking since you essentially have to take on a second job. Why not use the technology tools available at your fingertips to help
manage the process? This year, outfit your office with innovative video-conferencing systems and you can untether from your desk to meet all of your holiday responsibilities.